Re: [Antennaware] Speed

To: "'Alexandru'" <alexander@sandlabs.com>,<antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Speed
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <k4ik@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:35:44 -0500
It's not added energy ... it's the absence of drag once the RF
hits the antenna.  Consider if you were running through a pool
of water chest deep .... you would be able to run at maybe 25%
of your speed in air.  If that pool has a sloped bottom your
forward speed would increase as the depth of water (drag)
decreased.

73,

    ... Joe Subich, W4TV
        microHAM America, LLC.