Re: [Antennaware] downtilt changing cable lenght

To: <agusfuentes2000@yahoo.com>, <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] downtilt changing cable lenght
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <W4TV@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 12:34:37 -0500
Jose,

You only need about 2 to 2.5 degrees of downtilt.  If your antenna
is produced by one of the major antenna builders they should be able
to provide you with feedline section lengths for the required downtilt.
The longer sections go to the lower bays.

Based on your signature, I assume this is a commercial FM antenna -
I would expect the spacing between bays to be between 1.5 and 2
wavelengths and expect each bay is circularly polarized if your
antenna is similar to practice in the US.  Both the nature of the
bay and the spacing will effect the required phasing (delay).

Regards,

    ... Joe Subich, W4TV