[Antennaware] Multi bobtail

To: antennaware@contesting.com
Subject: [Antennaware] Multi bobtail
From: "S. J. Blackwell" <w5lu@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 15:16:40 -0500
Thanks Terry for the info. Feeding at top of center element looks
electrically attractive, but less so mechanically. Thinking about this leads
me to wonder about running the coax up through the inside of the center
element which is guyed 2" al tubing. The coax would need good
insulation(polystyrene tubing?) at the exit point, but could drop straight
down and go underground to the phasing network with addition of 1/2 wave of
coax. (total 3/4 wave). Currently using 1/2" lexan lag bolted to 4x4 set in
concrete and tubing is clamped to the lexan. Boy that stuff is bullet proof
and does not tend to misbehave when you saw or drill it.

Do you know if this has been tried or if there are any snakes in the grass
that I am missing? The model suggests that the 1/4 wave feeds would be
better with 75 ohm coax.

Comments appreciated
Sam W5LU