[Antennaware] 80m antenna for DX

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [Antennaware] 80m antenna for DX
From: "Andre & Sheila" <towerhouse@toti.co.za>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 12:22:19 +0200
Good day to all,

I am new to the list and hope I am not flogging an old horse. I want to put
up a dedicated 80m antenna for DX work.
I have reasonable space but do not want to annoy the neighbours too much.
Have excellent take off -360 deg. Have no idea what the electrical
properties of the ground/soil is like. My QTH is on the east cost of South
Africa about 30 km south of Durban  and about 1.5 km from the coastline at
about 85m elevation. Full frontal sea view so salt deposits during summer
might be a consideration.

Any advise would be welcome.

Kind Regards
Andre Zr5AG