[Antennaware] Antennaware Digest, Vol 55, Issue 8

To: antennaware@contesting.com
Subject: [Antennaware] Antennaware Digest, Vol 55, Issue 8
From: Garry <g.drummond@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 23:02:30 -0400
Hi Howard,

Feeding this antenna with balanced line such as ladder or window line
and your tuner should give you a workable antenna if the  tuner can
accommodate balanced line. If you tuner is unbalanced or can only handle
coax, you can use a remote balun outside the house and run the shortest
possible length of coax to it. Use good quality coax as the loss in it
can be high. This option should keep RF outside the shack as well.
Research the late W4RNL's website, www.cebik.com as there is a lot of
good information there on all forms of antennas. Check out his section
on antenna tuners as well. He gave several good examples on using
various types of tuners.

Good luck & 73,
Garry - WR4R