Re: [Antennaware] EZNEC model versus reality

To: "K9AY" <k9ay@k9ay.com>, <antennaware@contesting.com>, "David Gould" <dave@g3ueg.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] EZNEC model versus reality
From: "Guy Olinger, K2AV" <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 19:23:19 -0500
Second what Gary said.  Further, from my experience in model vs. actual, the
one thing I *don't* worry about is the exact presented impedance.

The model will tell you things to try, things to avoid, but exact resonance
is always measure, measure, measure, not model, model, model.

Measuring 28 ohms in the resistive component means you have probably done
everything right.  Good radials and good connections everywhere LOWERS the Z
in this case.

Hook it up, load it up and have fun.

73,  Guy.