Re: [Antennaware] Simulating the W6NL 40M moxon variant

To: "knormoyle@surfnetusa.com" <knormoyle@surfnetusa.com>, antennaware@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Simulating the W6NL 40M moxon variant
From: Billy Cox <aa4nu@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 15:01:56 -0500 (EST)
Hi Kevin,

You are on the right track with this ... and please
give this link a close review and note their findings
as to F/B, F/S and SWR with the W6NL Moxon design:

http://www.kkn.net/dayton2008/Real%20vs%20Theoretical%20Antenna%20Mesurementsv5.pdf

There are several challenges here, including which of
the antenna software 'engines' best models the manner
the Moxon elements are constructed. In comparing the
same antenna model here with say EZNEC and Antenna Model,
the results with the Moxon design are NOT the same.

I hope this helps, here I am doing the same thing with
an older Cushcraft 40-2CD, which uses different element
construction than the XM element that W6NL used.

73 de Billy, AA4NU