Re: [Antennaware] Topband: Why I use modeling software

To: k3bu@optimum.net
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Topband: Why I use modeling software
From: Duncan Carter <dc@vibrotek.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:38:32 -0700
Current does drop along a coil.  I know that many people consider
displacement current to be a mathematical fiction but, in reality, it
works to include the coil.  The coil has effective capacity.

Long ago when I worked for Hy-Gain, I did a careful study on this with
real analog hardware with a center loaded 80 meter whip and 4 inch
diameter coil stock.  I found that the current did drop across the coil
to 80 to 90 per cent of the input current to the coil at it's output.
Other configurations should be expected to have different amounts of
variation.  Some people may consider displacement current to be a
mathematical fiction but in this case, it's at least a useful
mathematical fiction.

This comment may not post so I'd appreciate it being reposted if it doesn't.

73, Dunc, W5DC