Re: [Antennaware] Topband vertical matching.

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Topband vertical matching.
From: David Gould <dave@g3ueg.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 15:46:39 +0100
I would just like to thank all who have replied both on and off the reflector.

The discussion has resolved a problem I have had for many years, so I
am very grateful for that.

I have now done some useful modelling of a top loaded T antenna with
just a shunt coil at the base.  The SWR bandwidth looks better on the
model than I have previously obtained with either an L-match or an UNUN.

I also found it interesting to hear the opposing merits of the
lengthened antenna and series capacitor versus the shortened antenna
and shunt coil.  I have used both over many years, but my personal
preference is to have the antenna grounded at the feed point.

73, and thanks again for all the help..

Dave, G3UEG