Re: [Antennaware] Quagi 20-10

To: weinfurt <weinfurt@intelliwave.com>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Quagi 20-10
From: "Joe Giacobello, K2XX" <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 18:42:36 -0400
Greg, I've comparatively modeled quads and equivalent quagis, but never quagis using trapped triband Yagi directors. I'm sure some one must have done it, but they're likely to be on the Quads forum: HAMQUADS@yahoogroups.com.

Try there and I'll bet you get some competent responses.

73, Joe
K2XX

weinfurt <mailto:weinfurt@intelliwave.com>
Thursday, July 10, 2014 3:13 PM
Hi all,
I have a 20-10 Quad, 2 element with 8' boom, at 50' that has worked well for me. Have had it about 5 years. Setting on my garage roof is a pair of directors (Dir 1 and Dir 2) for a 4 element Yagi tribander. I have thought of what it would take to set it up with the quad as reflector and driven elements and the 2 directors as added elements.

(A quagi is an antenna with quad horizontal polarization of reflector and driven element, with one or more yagi directors.)

I know a lot a things would change, resistance, spacing of elements, etc., and of course boom length. I have enough boom material to go to 28' total length. Wondering what the gain, swr, diretctivity, f/b would be and would it be worth the work to do it. I have seen them built for 2 meters, but a tribander on 20-15 and 10 would be unique, haven't seen that one yet!

I don't have any computer modeling software for antenna's and wondered if anyone would or could model such a set up that I am envisioning, in paragraph one. I have a machine shop in my garage and can weld aluminum, all kinds of antenna test equipment, etc.

Much appreciated,
73 de  NS8O
Greg Weinfurtner,
Albany, ohio