[Antennaware] EZNEC how to model a 4:1 balun

To: antennaware@contesting.com
Subject: [Antennaware] EZNEC how to model a 4:1 balun
From: David Gould <dave@g3ueg.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 17:36:49 +0000
I am using Pro/2 v 7.0.

I have been through the EZNEC help and the test drive around the track, but the examples are all more complex than I am looking for so I am having trouble getting to the basics.

I would like to model a variation of a centre fed dipole (over a wide frequency range) that has a 4:1 balun at its feed point.   Is there an example anywhere I could use to copy from?

Currently I am just using a straight wire with the source at 50% along.  Can I develop from this or do I have to split it into two separate wires?

I am mainly interested in the impedance transformation to the 50 ohm feedline coax.

Any help would be appreciated.

73,

Dave  G3UEG