Proposed antenna farm

Subject: Proposed antenna farm
From: larryt@rocky.ateq.com (Larry Tyree x 7210)
Date: Fri Mar 27 11:03:19 1992
The following document describes my proposed antenna system that I am
about to put up.  If you have any comments, either post them for the
world to see of send them to me at islabs!ateq!rocky!larryt@sequent.com.
My return address in the header is not correct.  Thanks in advance for
your comments.

Tree  N6TR/7

I am about to dig holes in the ground for the new N6TR station.  I
would be intersted in any comments you might have using your contest
experience.

This is not a big multi-multi station, but rather intended primarily for
single op and some possible multi-two operations.  The QTH is pretty
flat and is generally above average terain.  While I live on 14 acres,
I have allocated the two acre area shown below for my antenna farm.
Tower 1 already exists.  The other towers can go anywhere.  The shack
is at the left side of this picture and there is a neighbor to the
north and another to the east.  To the west, there is a 100 foot drop
to a stream and then the land goes back up the same 100 feet (about
400 feet away).

  |                          +                        ^                 |
  |                       Tower 2                     |                 |
  |                                                70 feet              |
  |                                                   |                 |
  |        + Tower 1                    Tower 3  +    V                 |
  |        <-------------- 120 feet ------------->                      |
  |                                                          ---> North |

TOWER 1 - 45 foot tower, one set of guys.

   - Wilson SY36 rotating at 45 feet.
   - Loaded tower on 80/75 meters (this antenna really WORKS!!).
   - Sloping 40 meter dipole out of a tree.

TOWER 2 - 75 foot tower, two set of guys, 10 foot rotatable mast.

   - 5 element 20 meter KLM & 3 element 40 meter KLM interlaced at 76'.
   - 5 element HyGain 10 meter beam on same mast at 83'.
   - Loaded as a vertical on 160 meters (maybe phased with tower 1).

TOWER 3 - 75 foot tower, two sets of guys, 10 foot rotatable mast.
    - 4 element 20 meter beam at 76', 36 foot boom.
    - 4 element 15 meter beam on same mast at 83'.
    - Eventual side mounted 4 element 15 at 55 feet (maybe phased).
    - Possible phased 160 vertical with tower 2, endfire EU/Pacific,
      broadside US/JA.  Approximate 90 foot spacing between towers.

All towers are Rohn 45.  I could make tower 2, 95 feet and tower 3, 65
feet if I really wanted to.  At my last QTH, I tried the 20 and 40
meter antennas on the same boom and was quite surprised at the results.
I expected the pattern on the 20 to deteriorate, but it didn't.  Both
antennas appeared to work as well as they did on separate booms with 7
feet of spacing.

160 METERS
----------
Loaded 75 foot tower vertical (tower 2) or phased veritcal array.
Inverted vee at 100 feet out of a tree.

80 METERS
---------
Loaded tower vertical (tower 1).
Half wave dipole at 75 feet between the tower 2 and trees.

40 METERS
---------
3 element rotatable beam at 76'.
Sloping dipole out of a tree.

20 METERS
---------
5 element rotatable beam at 76'.
4 element rotatable at 76'.
3 element tribander at 45'.

15 meters
---------
4 element rotatable at 83'.
3 element tribander at 45'.
4 element sidemounted at 55 feet (300 degree rotation).

10 meters
---------
5 element rotatable at 85'.
4 element tribander at 45'.

Feedline 1 - Tower One (Remote antenna switch)
1. 160 vertical (tower 2 and maybe tower 3).
2. 80 meter tower vertical
3. 80 meter dipole
4. 40 meter sloping dipole
5. Tribander.

Feedline 2 - 100 foot Tree
--------------------------
1. 160 meter inverted vee at 100 feet in tree.

Feedline 3 - Tower 2 (Remote antenna switch)
1. 3 element 40
2. 5 element 20
3. 5 element 10
4. Reserved for future side-mounted beam.

Feedline 4 - Tower 3 (Remote antenna switch)
1. 4 element 20
2. 4 element 15
3. 4 element side mounted 15
4. Reserved for side-mounted beam