WPX score rumors.

Subject: WPX score rumors.
From: GARLOUGH@TGV.COM (Trey Garlough)
Date: Mon Mar 30 07:32:15 1992
> K6XO/7  Single op., Single band (10)  651 Q  307 Mult.

A few 15 meter scores:

WN4KKN/6        2371/818 (@N6RZ)
K5MR            2363/830
KA2AEV          2255/805 (@N2RM)

RZ and I had a few setbacks setting up the station.  I ended up
borrowing a bunch of stuff at the last minute, including a TS-440
which I used all weekend.  That was interesting.

It was fun, but it was more fun last year.  The rule change from 30
to 36 hours for single ops is a real pain if you are in the single
band category.  The extra six hours buys the single band people
nothing, except an extra six hours of 25 QSOs/hr, begging for QSOs
from people who don't care about the contest (like VK's late at
night).

Two of the better features of WPX are:
        1) no need to move multipliers from band to band
        2) no begging for QSOs

Of course, #2 is gone now with the 36 hour rule.  I would like to see
N8BJQ reinstate the 30 hour limit for single band entries.

--Trey, WN4KKN/6