Upcoming DXAC vote on DX Operating Practices

Subject: Upcoming DXAC vote on DX Operating Practices
From: winter@apple.com (Patty Winter)
Date: Fri Jul 31 17:52:26 1992
Trey writes:

>Going by call areas is a poor operating practice in general, and
>asking K4TKM/6 to whip all the W4's to contact Egypt is absurd.  A
>much better practice is to hash things geographically, such as
>"QRZ North America" or "QRZ Europe."

Speaking as someone who normally has a really weak station at her
disposal, I have to strongly disagree with Trey on that last statement.
I have enough trouble trying to compete with everyone else in one
call area, much less everyone else on the continent. And in fact,
even when they go by districts I'm often not successful. :-)  I keep
hoping that someone will call for "Six Bravo YLs".  :-)

I do agree, however, that we should call based on the district we're
actually operating in. Otherwise, as Trey notes, differing propagation
could throw a real monkey wrench into the proceedings. (Well, it
wouldn't matter much in smaller countries, but it sure would here.)

>As long as the DXpedition is making QSOs, it is a
>success, no matter how much boorish behaviour the callers are able to
>muster.                             ^^^^^^^^^

Goodness, Trey, you're getting really kulchured since you moved
to California. :-)  Or is that an effect of having been around Derek
too much when you lived in Texas? :-)

Patty N6BIS