CQP score.

Subject: CQP score.
From: alan@dsd.es.com (Alan Brubaker)
Date: Mon Oct 5 08:56:45 1992
K6XO/7  Single Operator, high power.

587 QSOs, 57 counties (missed Modoc).  Approximately 80K points.

Conditions were fairly good with 10 meters actually being better
than I had expected. I had expected, going in, that I would make
no QSOs on 10 meters at all, but managed about a dozen QSOs on
10 CW. I had many "clean shots" at N7CW, WA6AUE, N6UR and W1FEA,
and they could not hear me on SSB. 15 was a little better than
10 was, but still tough on SSB, easier on CW. 20 meters is the
big band from here, of course. From Utah, we have a pipeline
E layer path for the majority of the day, and signals from CA
can be very strong at times. WA6BIL told me that he was running
100 watts and a 13 foot vertical - he was a solid 20 over 9 on
20 SSB. I was told several times that I had the strongest signal
on the band, and in some cases had S meters pegged at S9 +60!
40, 80 and even 160 were also productive, and I managed to work
some stations on all six bands. I put about 22 hours out of the
24 hours allowed into this effort.

Alan

alan@dsd.es.com