CQWW Phone Small Gun Score.

Subject: CQWW Phone Small Gun Score.
From: alan@dsd.es.com (Alan Brubaker)
Date: Mon Oct 26 07:39:25 1992
K6XO/7  Single Operator, All Bands

Band    QSOs   Zones  Countries

160       5       2       2
80       17       8      12
40       37      16      25
20      207      31      74
15      306      29      78
10       42      16      17

Total   614     102     208

10 meters was much, much better than I had guessed that it would be.
Virtually, I had no antenna for 10 meters (I loaded up my 40 meter
ground plane), but still managed to work two European stations. This
was strictly a low impact, casual operation, with lots of time out
and interruptions, and a concert on saturday evening. Sunday afternoon,
as usual, I spent the last hour on 20 meters picking up more
multipliers. At 2356 I ran across S79J with a good signal and got into
the pileup believing that I had no chance of working him. The clock
was now showing 2359 and he had just worked another station out of the
pile. One more call - he came back to the portable seven station! I went
back and gave him my call and the exchange, he came back and gave me a
5939 and then he said, "The contest is over and I am very tired." I am
now convinced that having a 7 in your call is worth at least 5 db.
There were many occasions when a station would say, "Who's the portable
seven?". Overall, the conditions seemed to be quite good, which is not
all that unusual for a CQWW phone contest.

Alan, K6XO/7

Ooops, forgot...final total score; 521,420

alan@dsd.es.com