GM callsigns CQWW SSB '92- append

Subject: GM callsigns CQWW SSB '92- append
From: burns (burns)
Date: Wed Oct 28 03:48:46 1992
From:   NAME: Andy Burns
        FUNC: Research and Development
        TEL: 0324 493981                      <BURNS,AL@A1@GRRD04>
To:     "cq-contest@tgv.com"@rcwi01@mrgate@grrd04

Author: Andy Burns
Posted-date: 27-Oct-1992

News from the other side of the pond:

In last weekends contest, the following ambigous calls were on:

  GB2AP - Scotland

  GM4IPK - Shetland

Why we use GB calls for all 6 of the UK countries, I don't know.
For those of you who aren't familiar with our calls, GS (ie GS4TMS who was
active over the weekend) is reserved for club stations in Scotland. QSL via the
original call ( ie GM4TMS).

Some scores collected:

 GW4BLE  4087 Q's  132 Z's   424 C's   6.072 MM  SO AB  Unassisted
 GM0ECO  3377      112       350       3.915 MM  SO AB  Unassisted

 GW0ARK  1600       37       122       ?         20M SB

Steve (BLE) looks like he will be in the top 3 in Europe. Conditions on 10M
were not as good for me on Saturday this far north but at least I got a few of
you on Sunday. Thanks for all the calls on 40 + 80M.

Regards

Andy
GM0ECO
Burns_AL@grrd04.dnet.bp.com

ps.  Trey - can you let me know this message managed to get in the system. I've
still got problems negotiating thru gateways out of our system.. ta......