EQUALIZED DX Contest - RE:N6TV Good Idea

Subject: EQUALIZED DX Contest - RE:N6TV Good Idea
From: sylvan@skatter.usask.ca (Sylvan Katz)
Date: Fri Oct 30 06:29:20 1992
Bob,

I think your ideas are great - however, I do have a couple of
comments. First, there is no reason to change any of the existing
contests. Thus plenty of contest would still exist for participants to
try out both their skills and new equipment. Second, although the idea
of using an improved score is attractive you would still have to
account for the changes in band conditions from year to year which
leaves us with the original problem. On the otherhand, maybe one could
figure some sort of normalization procedure which would allow a
year-to-year comparison. ANY IDEAS?

I still think there is room for a new contest. Oh yea but when you
will ask could a new contest be scheduled with the crowded contest season we
already have - Good Question!

Sylvan
VE5ZX