Finding VY1/VE8

Subject: Finding VY1/VE8
From: mikemr@microsoft.com (Michael Mraz)
Date: Mon Nov 9 12:00:58 1992
Last year, I found KL7Y/VY1 booming into WWA on 15m with only one hour
left to go (CW contest). This year I found VY1JA also booming into WWA
on 15m with a comfortable 3 hours to go (2347z). I don't know about the
midwest and east coast, but when we get the opening to KL7/VY1 on
Sunday afternoon, it's VERY easy to find the VY1 if there's one operating,
because the rest of the country is off the side of the beam and there's a
nice pile-up on the Yukon stn. What are the KL7 openings like on 15m
in the rest of the country?

When my run rate dropped on 20m yesterday, I gave up the freq and started
looking for the VY1 (last mult). It took less than 5 minutes to find
him on 15m.

See you in CQWW/CW and the 10m and 160m contests!  Mike   N6MZ