Better potatos...

Subject: Better potatos...
From: larryt@ateq.com (Larry Tyree x 7210)
Date: Tue Nov 24 13:56:16 1992
Okay Andy...  Tell all of us why someone will 500W and better potatos
in their garden can beat someone with 5 kilowatts.  I know that having
better potatos in your garden can improve the after contest drink, but
you have told me not to drink the vodka until after the contest.

Maybe "having better potatos in the garden" means something in russian
that doesn't quite come through in English?

Or does the potato do something for the ground conductivity that helps
the antenna work better?  Can we stack the potatos?

Another question...  can you tell us why so many UA0 stations have
a chirp on their CW signal?  Does it have something to do with the
frost?  Is there a modification to our Japanese radios that we can
make to make the same chirp?  I think it sounds cool.

A toast to the end of the cold war!!

Larry "TREE" Tyree  N6TR          _.  _....  _  ._.  _.._.  __...
islabs!ateq!larryt@sequent.com
work (503) 526-7210      home (503) 658-6012      fax (503) 526-7202

My views are not those of General Motors, IBM, HP or most other sane people.