EQUALIZED DX CONTEST - UPDATE

Subject: EQUALIZED DX CONTEST - UPDATE
From: sylvan@skatter.usask.ca (Sylvan Katz)
Date: Fri Nov 27 22:43:51 1992
EQUALIZED CONTEST - UPDATE - SYLVAN KATZ - VE5ZX

Sorry for the dealy! I started this equalized contest discussion a few
weeks ago but have not followed through. I found that all though there
was a a general trend to agree that an EQUALIZED CONTEST was desirable
there were no suggestions as to how it could be achieved.

SO - I have been busy writting a skeleton outline of an EQUALIZED DX
CONTEST. It is almost complete. However, I have been spending a great
deal of time lately consulting with propogation experts and upper
atmospheric physicists about to adjust the score for propagation
factors.  Later this week I will be visiting a communication research
institute in Ottawa which has had a great deal of experience producing
ionographs. A researchere there believes he may have a potential solution.

Some time with in the next few weeks, likely in the new year, I will
post a message which will tell you how to get a copy of this outline.
It is my hope that this outline can be used to help us focus our
attention on designing a workable and fun

        EQUALIZED DX CONTEST

Sylvan Katz
VE5ZX - SYL