contest exchanges

Subject: contest exchanges
From: oo7@astro.as.utexas.edu (Derek Wills)
Date: Mon Nov 30 14:29:58 1992
Really, anything you send in CQWW is silly, since if you work HC8N you
are going to get 59910 (or 5NNAT) whatever happens, so why prolong the
agony?  You might just as well send "dit-dit" (or "dit") for all the
information exchanged.  Admittedly, the call doesn't give the zone for
everyone, but it does for the majority of people you work, and anyone
giving anything other than S9 is just a trouble-maker :-)

Speaking of HC8N, our very own Trey, I taped several of his sessions
during the contest, and have records of many of the people on this
mailing list working him  - you're all in the log... I worked him on
6 bands without any skeds, I wondered if anyone else did?

Most fun part of the contest, speaking as a non-serious participant:
Baldur getting on 21025 as 5X5WR, not in the contest and listening
5-10 up, about 3 hrs before the end.  Serious particpants would call
that the least fun part, I suppose.

I thought this was a great contest.  Until Baldur showed up I hardly
heard any fighting or rude words, the bands were in great shape and
everyone seemed to be having fun.   I thought the standard of operating
was impressive.

Trey arrived in HC8 on Tuesday, and I received the first QSL card
for him on Friday.... QSL via me, sigh.

Derek Wills (AA5BT, G3NMX)
Department of Astronomy, University of Texas,
Austin TX 78712.  (512-471-1392)
oo7@astro.as.utexas.edu
oo7@emx.utexs.edu