Multiplier question

Subject: Multiplier question
From: gary.sutcliffe@mixcom.mixcom.com (Gary Sutcliffe)
Date: Wed Dec 2 07:34:58 1992
Hi guys!

Sunday a station showed up on 10 meters giving out contest exchanges
and signing P5DTG.  This guy has been showing up quite a bit lately.
QRZ DX says it is probably a pirate, but gives the WFWL disclaimer.

I didn't work him, but it got me thinking.  Do you claim multiplier
credit if you feel there is a chance he is a pirate?

Actually P5 is not a good example because it won't be on the DXCC list
until the ARRL approves an operation.  But what about BY, ZA or YA before
they opened up?  What if you and a lot of others worked a 5A last weekend?

The dilemna is that if you don't claim him and your competition does and
the contest commitee does allow it, you lose a multiplier.  If you claim
it and it is not allowed, will you be penalized for taking multipliers
you should not?

What do  you think?

73 - Gary
--
 Gary Sutcliffe  - W9XT             Unified Microsystems (414) 644-9036
 ppvvpp@MIXCOM.COM                  PO Box 133, Slinger WI 53086