cqww

Subject: cqww
From: oo7@astro.as.utexas.edu (Derek Wills)
Date: Wed Dec 2 22:49:58 1992
        Effective QRP class (100w to attic dipoles - max len 47')

        Tom     n0gos

  Sorry, Tom, that's not the QRP class, it's the "cruddy dipole" category.

  Boy, did I get annoyed with the local who has a short call but insisted
  on adding "/QRP", and sending the thing twice, right on top of the guy I
  was calling.  The other guy would come back to me first, but I couldn't
  tell he was doing it.  Eventually I made sure to work stuff before I
  spotted it on the local cluster, even though I was only in the noodling
  category.

  Anyone heard Trey on the bands since the contest?  I'm hoping he hasn't
  been trampled by an HC8 turtle.   I can imagine his wanting to do a bit
  of sight-seeing while he's there, but not all the time.  Perhaps he has
  been on the dreaded ssb or something?   He's due back in W6 late Thursday,
  although since he didn't know he was going to HC8 (rather than HC) until
  just before he left, perhaps he extended his stay to take in the turtles
  as well.

  Derek aa5bt