WKD B4

Subject: WKD B4
From: tucker@eedsp.gatech.edu (Jeff Tucker N9HZQ)
Date: Wed Dec 9 11:42:41 1992
If you do work the guy a second time, even though you think it's a dupe,
then what do you do with the log?

If you remove the first contact, or count it for zero points, then maybe
he finds your first call (paper logs) and deletes the second time he worked
you, the dupe.  You have a valid contact for zero points and a second
contact that isn't in his log.

If you log the contact and leave it in the log as a dupe, if the guy is
right then your first contact won't be in his log.  The log checkers
will bust you for that, but I highly doubt they will scan your log and
change the dupe into a valid contact.  Maybe if they are using CT, the
contact will get automatically changed, but the NCJ article on log
checking implies that this doesn't happen.

In a short exchange contest, we just generally work everyone who
calls us.  I worked lots of dupes in field day (not a contest, hi!)
Generally, I don't log the guy even if I work him if I think he's a dupe.
I.e. Tnx ur 599 05 QRZ (as my fingers hit Alt-W).  But, this loses out
for me and him, I guess if I log only the first one and he logs only
the second.

What is your feeling about how logs should be submitted?  CT allows you
to remove all dupes from your log.  It looks much cleaner that way,
but is it best considering the above scenarios?  Maybe I'd better stop
typing rmdupes at the end of the contests.

73 es CU in 10m this weekend, probably.  Say hi.
Jeff N9HZQ at W4AQL

--
Jeff Tucker                         N9HZQ, EMT-A