: fixing busted calls

Subject: : fixing busted calls
From: craigr@marlin.nosc.mil (Raymond D. Craig)
Date: Wed Dec 9 11:01:14 1992
> I believe this feature still exists (you enable with a word-in-the-call-field
> command, akin to WRITELOG -- I think the command is AUTOCORRECT or something
> like that), but this feature is worthless when used in concert with the CT
> typeahead feature since by defenition you are changing the call of everyone
> you work.  To wit, calling CQ I am answered by AA5BT, so I type "A A 5 INSERT
> B T".  On the air I transmit "AA5BT 5NN CA".  CT begins this transmission as
> soon as I hit INSERT.  Since I can't type as fast as AA5BT sends, I only have
> AA5 typed in the call field by the time Derek finishes sending his call, so I

The command is CORRECT or NOCORRECT, the default is NOCORRECT, but it really
wrks the way you would want.  If you correct or finish the call before it
xmits it, then it doesn't resend the call when you hit F3 or + .  If you
make any changes after the call has been xmited, then it resends it.  I
think it used to work the way Trey discribed but due to popular demand it
has been changed.

73  Rick N6ND