Why contest?

Subject: Why contest?
From: V111QHEG@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu (P.VASILION)
Date: Fri Dec 11 12:10:07 1992
        Number one, not all contesters are old farts. I'm 19 and I've been
working contests since I was licensed. At first it was to snag new DX. As
my worked totals increased to over 130 countries, it changed as the "new one"
came less and less often, into a more competetive form.
        I still work the contest to fatten my DXCC totals and WAS totals, as
a goal is to work 5BDXCC and 5BWAS and I'm too lazy to park the VFO on a
DX net or WAS net. However, as long as I'm going make the effort of working
the new ones, I'll still work for score.
        Why do I contest,
?  I do it for fun, conpetition, and DXCC.

GL es DX de
Peter, KB2NMV
V111QHEG@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU
KB2NMV@KE2VW.#WNY.NY.USA.NA