Czecho-Slovakia

Subject: Czecho-Slovakia
From: reisert@mast.enet.dec.com (Jim Reisert AD1C 26-Dec-1992 1410)
Date: Sat Dec 26 14:07:02 1992
------------------Reply to mail dated 26-DEC-1992 12:51:17.52------------------

>Is the split of Czechoslovakia already recognized by the ARRL? i.e. as of Jan 1
>they are two separate countries for DXCC as well as in fact?

I don't think so.  Until there is a formal announcement by the ARRL Awards
committee, there are no new countries.  If this split is official, and
recognized, the ARRL will most likely grant new country status, retroactive
to the independence date, in this case Jan 1, 1993.

So you can work the new OK stations starting Jan 1, but don't submit any
cards to the ARRL until they decide on the DXCC country status.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert                     Internet:  reisert@mast.enet.dec.com
Digital Equipment Corp.         UUCP:      ...decwrl!mast.enet.dec.com!reisert