NAQP CW

Subject: NAQP CW
From: alan@dsd.es.com (Alan Brubaker)
Date: Mon Jan 11 07:31:33 1993
K6XO/7 504 QSOs, 208 Multipliers  104,832 points.

I do not have the QSO breakdown yet, but here is the multiplier
breakdown:

160  20!
 80  39!
 40  43!
 20  38
 15  40
 10  28!

It is amazing to me how good the conditions were on the low frequencies.
I would have never guessed 20 multipliers on 160 so you never know.
I basically do not have a 10 meter antenna - I was loading up my 80
meter quad loop. 10 was spotty but it was open fairly well and some
folks with very good ears even heard my very weak backscatter signal.
I was also loading up the same 80 meter loop on 160, so it is not the
best antenna for that band either. 40 meters virtually closed up late
in the contest (much like 20). The few signals that I heard on 40
around 0500 were very weak, so apparently the MUF was low. Did not hear
WV, ME, HI, AK, WY, NE, VE1, VE8, VO2, or VY1. Quite a few people asked
me to move to another band and in each case I did. I only heard two
other Utah stations, neither of which were apparently active in the
QSO party. Thanks for all the QSOs.

Alan, K6XO

alan@dsd.es.com