Band-boxes

Subject: Band-boxes
From: N098EQ@tamvm1.tamu.edu (Rick, K7GM)
Date: Wed Feb 24 17:40:28 1993
I was at the ARRL contest desk in the early 70's.  It was my understanding
that the boxes were dropped due to space limitations (a problem which has
continually plagued contest writeups since the 60's).  I think the best
bang for the buck is a pin or other participation award.  It raises
participation (evidence SS) while not costing as much (in dollars or
political capital) as additional QST space.

                                Rick, K7GM