24 hour contest

Subject: 24 hour contest
From: MCONATOR@SFOVMIC6.VNET.IBM.COM (MCONATOR@SFOVMIC6.VNET.IBM.COM)
Date: Tue Feb 23 14:27:34 1993
I really appreciate BOTH types of contests and do not agree that the current
contests should be altered to 24 hour formats. IARU is great as a 24 hour. How
about an Autumn/Winter 24 hour DX test separate from the "classics" of CQ and
ARRL? The 48 hour format is a very good test of operator endurance as well as
providing enough time for variation in conditions. Yes, contesting it supposed
to be fun, but it is also supposed to be very challenging and maybe even
gruelling at times. At least that is the history as I have seen it.
Do not change the existing contests, add new ones. That is my opinion.
73, Mike AA7NX
Michael R. Conatore
(503) 294-6769
mconator@sfovmic6.vnet.ibm.com
IBM Oregon Trading Area
1211 S. W. Fifth Avenue Suite 1000  Portland, Oregon 97204
IBMMAIL USIBM5CZ
A.R.S. AA7NX