W1GD ARRL SSB Score

Subject: W1GD ARRL SSB Score
From: Gerald.J.Kersus@att.com (Gerald.J.Kersus@att.com)
Date: Wed Mar 10 09:00:47 1993
I was pretty happy Friday morning that my antennas pretty much survived
Thursday's storm.  I checked them all out around noon and took a nap.  I
got up from my nap around 3 pm local to find it snowing and around 2 inches
of ice/snow on the ground and 0.5 inches on my antennas and guys!  I found
out that Kt-34s don't like being covered with ice:  SWR on 15 and 20 was
slightly over 3:1.  I was feeling really bummed when I realized that,
unlike W2GD I still had power  and undamaged antennas.  I also couldn't go
SOA as I planned because I couldn't hear any of the FRC nodes with ice on
the 2 M beam.  The ice finally melted of the tribander around 1700Z
Saturday.  Anyways, here's the bottom line:

Band   Qs    Cs
 160   10     9
  80   69    43
  40  109    62