Illegal power: Disclaimer

Subject: Illegal power: Disclaimer
From: OOPDAVID@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu (D.RODMAN)
Date: Wed Mar 10 12:54:41 1993
There have been some suggestions, from one of the KN2M ops, that some
New England contest stations might be regularly using illegal power.
I wish to state the views expressed did not necessarily reflect those
of KN2M/N2HIW (owners), or the KN2M Contest Crew.  Illegal power
is a fact of life in this hobby, just like speeding is when on the
freeway.  We all know MANY DXers use hi power, we also know MOST contest
stations adhere to the rules on this.  Fortunately, such operation is
held to a minimum.

I noted that there was some directed comments about how KN2M was beaten
by some mid-western station with more limited antennas.  Look guys, I am
trying to take comments like that with a grain of salt.  I don't think
it was in the greatest taste.  I am not belly aching about my station
performance at all.  We did a great job, in my opinion.  I, like K5NA,
open up the station to a great bunch of ops, who do not have unlimited
contest experience.  We are starting to work as a team, we have fun and
we do well, considering we can not even keep a packe
t connection for
more than a few hours at a time.

Please lets not shoot any more "missles" at each other.  Thanks.

73, Dave.
KN2M