W9GR DSP

Subject: W9GR DSP
From: CRAWFORD@ritchie-emh1.army.mil (Crawford)
Date: Wed Mar 17 17:55:36 1993
Is anyone out there using the multi-program version of the W9GR
DSP filter?  I finished mine last night and my limited testing so far shows it
to be working as advertised in program 1.  However, when I select any of the
other programs there is a constant high-pitched low-amplitude tone that does
not vary with audio gain changes.  Also no difference whether it is set at BIO
0 or 1.

Also, in the CW filters, program 5-9, what is supposed to be happening in BIO
0?  Directions say filter is out, and I agree with that, but something is
happening as it does not sound the same as raw audio.  Is the noise reduction
program in action?

Before I write to Quantics would like to get some input from others.

For others who may be reading this that have not seen -- I mean heard this DSP
filter in action, its really nice.  Does not eliminate static crashes but sure
cuts down on background noise and intensity of the static.  Hearing it wipe out
hetrodynes is a real treat.

73, Jerry
K7UPJ