Field Day - Free VHF/UHF Station

Subject: Field Day - Free VHF/UHF Station
From: alan@dsd.es.com (Alan Brubaker)
Date: Thu Mar 25 15:32:53 1993
I have operated Field Day just about every year since my first one in 1957. In
the last few years, 146.52 FM simplex has become a zoo with the groups on the
mountaintops dominating and capturing that frequency for hours on end. This is
what happened in the San Francisco Bay area, at any rate. I am quite certain
that FM repeaters were and should still be off-limits. There would be some real
chaos and unhappy repeater groups if FDers were allowed to run rampant anywhere
on the 2 meter band. CU all this weekend in the WPX.

Alan, K6XO

alan@dsd.es.com