Station Arrangement (Was Re: Control Placement)

Subject: Station Arrangement (Was Re: Control Placement)
From: bob@mtdcr.att.com (bob@mtdcr.att.com)
Date: Fri Mar 5 15:31:00 1993
I've been reading this whole thread on control placement and
have found it interesting.  I don't think it's possible to find
something that will suit everyone.  Plus I can pretty well get
used to AF gain controls and such almost anywhere on the front
panel (within reason).  My more fundamental problem is with
placement of equipment in the station!  I have the radio
sitting right in front of me, with the keyboard in front of
it, and the monitor on a shelf about 10 inches high (so it's
at eye level).  The problem with this arrangement is that I
have to reach over the keyboard to get at ANY controls on the
radio, which is uncomfortable.  I've thought about putting
together some sort of L-shaped operating position so this
wouldn't happen, but that would seem to require too much motion
to go back and forth from the keyboard to the radio.

How does the rest of the world set up their stations?
Particularly you guys who make 5 Meg single op unassisted
in CQWW...  :-)

73,
Bob K2PH