WPX Silence (Major contests?)

Subject: WPX Silence (Major contests?)
From: jayk@hpxxx.fc.hp.com (Jay Kesterson K0GU x6826)
Date: Thu Apr 1 10:34:34 1993
>                Is WPX really a "secondary" contest .....

I thought about bringing up this subject earlier in the week.

In the mid-70s, when I started contesting, I use to do almost all contests
with a passion (but only did WPX once seriously). As time passed I came to
feel that only SS, CQWW and ARRL DX were major contests. That ARRL 10 meter
and CQ and ARRL 160 CW were something less (even thought I do/did operate
in them seriously at times). I rate WPX even farther down (Guess I never
liked how easy mults are to come by).

These are of course my opinions. My rating of SS may come from the fact
I'm in Colorado (I considered SS as the major contest of the year).
Would guess that most of the east coast DX contest big guns would
consider SS to rank about were I put WPX.

73, Jay K0GU                  jayk@fc.hp.com