FW: open radio architecture

Subject: FW: open radio architecture
From: TSkelton@engineer.clemsonsc.NCR.COM (Skelton, Tom)
Date: Thu Apr 8 10:55:00 1993
I agree whole-hearted with Eric's complete proposal.
Wouldn't it be great to have a "PC" in which you could
plug boards to give you the features you wanted? I will
be the first to admit, however, that it will take a great
deal of personal adjustment on my part not to have
knobs to turn or switches to push.

Someone on the net mentioned that Collins tried this
a few years ago and it didn't fly.  Maybe now is the time?

Thanks Eric.

73,Tom WB4IUX