May Sprint

Subject: May Sprint
From: pilchuck!phred!hwardsil (Henry Ward Silver)
Date: Thu Apr 22 13:44:43 1993
de Ward, N0AX
I'd like to see a dual-mode sprint, say 3 hours of CW and SSB each, low-power
only, with a break in between.  Have a morning session on the high-bands 20/15
only, and the evening session on the low bands 40/80.  If there was another
mode or style of sprint we could have a tri-athelon format.  (Don't say RTTY,
please, the implications are staggering...a RTTY sprint?)

Another interesting idea is two-man-team sprint-duration contests.  We need new
twists to contest style to encourage strategy and nimble operating, as opposed
to "I'm the biggest, loudest ... etc.".  Of course, this is a guy that can't
afford an Alpha...so don't get offended.  I operated QRP in Sprint last
Feb...but will never, EVER, do it again!!

;-)