ARRL Writeup Errors (was: low power in contests)

Subject: ARRL Writeup Errors (was: low power in contests)
From: bob@mtdcr.att.com (bob@mtdcr.att.com)
Date: Fri May 14 15:12:00 1993
Someone had mentioned being listed in the high power category
even though they had operated low power.  It happened once to
me a few years ago, when I operated low power in ARRL DX Phone.
I ended up leading Northern New Jersey and the Hudson Division
(first and last time I ever led anything!).  Unfortunately,
Billy and company listed me as high power and put K3FNW in the
Division Leader's box.  Many phone calls and many months later,
I was able to convince Billy to send me a certificate.  Many
more phone calls and many more months later, I was able to
convince him to send me the sticker for winning the division.
I never was able to convince him to print a correction.

How common is this problem?  Can anyone at the League explain
why they don't bother to print corrections?

73,
Bob K2PH

| Bob Schreibmaier       | UUCP:     att!mtdcr!bob     | Free the |
| AT&T Bell Laboratories | INTERNET: bob@mtdcr.att.com |   Intel  |
| Middletown, NJ         | ICBM:     40o21'N 75o08'W   |    486   |