Single-2

Subject: Single-2
From: n2ic@longs.att.com (n2ic@longs.att.com)
Date: Fri Jul 9 16:43:46 1993
Even though I have never operated Sprint with more than 1 rig, I'm a little
disappointed to see the rules changed to prohibit multiple simultaneous
transmissions.  I thought that the Sprint rules were suppose to foster
creativity and innovation ?  Most of the arguments in favor of the rule
change seem to revolve around "equalization" (here we go again !).

The 10 minute rule for multi-singles in most contests is to prevent a
multi-multi octopus arrangement.  If you don't understand, just ask
K5RC or K5LZO.  They are members of the cephalopod family !  I totally
oppose an N-minute rule for single ops in any contest.

Listen carefully for my weak signal in IARU - no antennas up at new QTH (yet).

Steve London, N2IC/0