robot contests

Subject: robot contests
From: hwardsil@seattleu.edu (Ward Silver)
Date: Fri Jul 30 13:56:35 1993
de Ward, N0AX
durn, NG0X beat me to it...a robot-only contest is a great idea!  The
robot maze-running contests are very popular world-wide, although they
really don't have too many actual participants, say 25 or less.  There's
a lot of audience participation, though.  Have you ever seen the robot
ping-pong ball gathering contest?  It's a scream!  I think it would be
a riot to listen to a 10-kHz segment filled with robots staggering around
trying to work each other, getting stuck, etc.  It would also attract
the attention of computer-weenies (not unlike myself) to contesting as
a sport.  Of course, when I listen to mega-station X with 15kWERP and
a keyer set on beacon mode...aren't we having robot contests already?
;-)
Ward