robot contests

Subject: robot contests
From: reisert@wrksys.enet.dec.com (Jim Reisert AD1C 01-Aug-1993 1100)
Date: Sun Aug 1 11:56:10 1993
------------------Reply to mail dated 1-AUG-1993 03:32:28.53------------------

>The only trouble with robot contests is that now you have removed operating
>skill from the formula - in the sense that the robot is only programmed in a
>certain way to perform the operating tasks.

I feel differently, now you have made "operating skill" synonymous with
"programming skill." Given a premise that anyone can write code, the good
operators will put special techniques in their code, ehancing the robot's
operating ability, while the not-so-good operators won't.

Now the question is, how well can KM9P and K1AR program? ;-)

73 - Jim AD1C