Q Rate utility

Subject: Q Rate utility
From: Peter.Jennings@f506.n216.z1.fidonet.org (Peter Jennings)
Date: Sat Aug 28 08:58:00 1993
Doug, (k1dg@mcimail.com), recently posted a request for peak Q rates
in contests so that he can create a list.  To make the job of finding
the peak rates easier, I whipped up a little utility to read logs in
several of CTs export formats ( *.ASC, *.RES, and *.ALL ) and automatically
list the peak rate per minute, ten minutes, and hour.  If you have
a pile of diskettes lying around with these kinds of files on them,
you can check them all in a few minutes. Any log with a 4 digit time
and one Q per line can be used by the program.

The program and C source is available on the Mountain Retreat BBS
as QRATE.*  (408) 335-4595. And also on CompuServe in the
GO HamNet forum.

Also available in both places is my BEAM program which, among other
things, will create a world map or a US map from a list of callsigns
or *.ASC log.  The map can be saved as a GIF file. It also does beam
headings, distances, and grid squares based on call, lat/long, or zip code
and plots them on maps.

Peter
VE3SUN/W6    72470.3171@compuserve.com

--- Blue Wave/QBBS v2.11