Station Layout

Subject: Station Layout
From: gary.sutcliffe@mixcom.mixcom.com (Gary Sutcliffe)
Date: Tue Sep 7 07:53:13 1993
Hi Guys.  I could use some more input to my upcoming Contest
Tips, Tricks, and Techniques column in NCJ.  Since if you are reading
this, you are a computer user, and probably have some good ideas on this
month's topic.   Please reply directly to me before Sept 11.
Thanks & 73 - Gary W9XT

              Topic for November-December

       Station layout with emphasis on integrating the computer.
       What size and type  monitors and keyboards are best?  Do you
       prefer a full sized computer or a notebook size? Where
       should they be with respect to the radio and other gear?
       What about station layout when using two radios and a computer?
       Have you modified your operating table to accommodate the
       keyboard in a more convenient manner?  What sort of
       accessories (keyboard wrist pads, monitor swivel bases,
       etc.) do you find most useful?  What is the next piece of
       station equipment you would like to see controlled by the
       computer?  How far are you from the point where the only
       thing you need in the shack is the computer?

--
 Gary Sutcliffe  - W9XT             Unified Microsystems (414) 644-9036
 ppvvpp@MIXCOM.COM                  PO Box 133, Slinger WI 53086