1992 CQP Contest SCAM !!

Subject: 1992 CQP Contest SCAM !!
From: GARLOUGH@TGV.COM (Trey Garlough)
Date: Thu Sep 16 07:56:06 1993
>      It would be easy to write off the 1992 CQP as another situation of
> typical amateur incompetence, but the CQP is run by the NCCC with such
> renowned amateur radio personalities such as N6ST, W6ISQ, N6TR, AA6KX and
> WN4KKN.

N6TR, a former LA resident, lives in Oregon and has never been affiliated
with the NCCC.

> Amateurs that are our "leaders" in contesting. However, this can't
> be written off as mere incompetence. After obtaining the results of the
> contest, it was observed that the out of state plaques were sponsored by
> people outside of the NCCC. It can only be assumed that those amateurs
> sponsoring these plaques provided funds for the sponsorship. I wonder if
> these donors know what the status of their plaque dontaion is ? Who received
> these plaques and when they were sent out ? That question still remains a
> mystery ! This certainly leads to a conclusion of the CQP being a scam or a
> fraud on the amateur contesting community.

I'm not going to get terribly emotional about this email message in which
you drag my name through the mud.

The trophies, wine and certificates exist.  Altough I am not involved with
the CQP, I'm guessing the problem has to do with distribution.  I received
mine and promptly sent a thank you letter to the out-of-state donor, KI3V/7.

I did receive a call from AJ9C a couple of months ago and tried returning
his call a few times with no luck.  I never received a return call back.
I understood that Mike had never received a copy of the *results*, not that
he hadn't received his booty.  I asked the powers that be in the NCCC to
send Mike another copy of the results.  I have *never* heard a peep out of
you on this matter until now, and you have been able to send me email 24
hour a day for months.  SO WHAT GIVES?

There is an NCCC meeting on Friday and I plan to attend.  Even though I
have absolutely nothing to do with the CQP (except that I operated last
year), I would be perfectly happy to bring this matter up Friday with
those people who are.  Please send me a private email message if you
would like me to take this action, otherwise I will leave it to you and
the CQP people to sort this out among yourselves.

--Trey, WN4KKN/6