SprINT Final Results

Subject: SprINT Final Results
From: n6tv@vnet.IBM.COM (Robert A. Wilson)
Date: Fri Sep 3 15:03:22 1993
Ref:  Note of Fri, 3 Sep 93 09:45:54 PDT

Thank you N6TR and K2MM.  Now I'm ready for the next one!

I should reveal that when WN4KKN operates at W6QHS's QTH, he is about
50 dB over 9 at my house.  In the Internet Sprint, Trey and I worked
each other almost 25 times.  This gave us an (unfair?) advantage.

If we can stir up enough activity in the next I-Sprint, we should be
able to eliminate the "you can work dupes" provision.  This should
help stimulate activity on more than one band, making for a more
interesting contest.  In the last contest, hardly any QSOs were
made on 40m.

It would also encourage QRQ operators to QRS and "dig for the weak
ones."

73,
Bob, N6TV