KT3Y SS Score

Subject: KT3Y SS Score
From: kt3y@aol.com (kt3y@aol.com)
Date: Tue Nov 9 17:03:11 1993
KT3Y  SS Score

     80    550
     40    519
     20    107
    15       44
    ---------
           1220 x 75     183 K

I operated from the home qth using dipoles on 80 and
40 with a lazy h on 20/15.

73 phil kt3y

From: rklein@lobo.rmh.pr1.k12.co.us (Ronald D. Klein) (Ronald D. Klein)
Subject: Check data

KD1ON says:

>of course the check only tells yo how long these folks have been hams.
>i have a check of 76 -- but i am not too much of an old timer at age 29.

>Fascinating list - thanks for posting it.

I, too, have found the data showing what checks were worked to be interesting.
I am somewhat surprised to see the peak number occur in the late '50's. Mine
is '59 and I really thought most participants probably were licensed later
than that.

It would be interesting to correlate contest score with check. My guess is the
higher scores would be for those licensed in the 70's. Making some rash
assumptions about age at the time the first licenses were obtained, this would
put those with checks in the 70's in the 30ish age range. Since stamina to run
the full duration of a contest while keeping rate up and not snoozing on top
of the keyboard is a factor, I would expect peak scores to correlate with age
in the 30ish range. I'm (rashly) assuming operators in the 20s generally have
other things occupying their time and a predominance of 20ish operators is not
likely to exist.

Or, to lengthen the already long ss exchange, there could be a 2 digit
inclusion of age following check. Then, of course, there could be a way to
level the playing field based on age.... the older the age, the higher a
multiplier to the overall score... or we could assume "age and treachery
overcome youth and skill" and give the younger ops a handicap in an inverse
fashion!

;)

Ron - W0OSK

>From Edward Parish <parish@Think.COM>  Wed Nov 10 14:43:35 1993
   >of course the check only tells yo how long these folks have been hams.
   >i have a check of 76 -- but i am not too much of an old timer at age 29.

   >Fascinating list - thanks for posting it.

   I, too, have found the data showing what checks were worked to be
interesting.
   I am somewhat surprised to see the peak number occur in the late '50's. Mine
   is '59 and I really thought most participants probably were licensed later
   than that.

Gee, and I thought that some ops sent a ck of 55 because it was faster.  ;^)