CT and Check Partial

Subject: CT and Check Partial
From: ka9fox@aol.com (ka9fox@aol.com)
Date: Thu Nov 18 17:49:51 1993
>N2AA said on 93-11-18:
>Just like to comment that I think the automatic check
>partial, updated with each keystroke, is the greatest
>thing since sliced bread for S&P.

Agreed... if you own a 486 or fast 386 (or if your log is small)

>You can just turn it off by going to call or country
>mode if you dont want it.

True, but if you are S&Ping, you want to know if it's a dupe, right?  Then
you must hit F8 to Check Partial, thus turning it on again.

>Also if there is no Master.dat file the Super Check
>Partial doesnt work so what is the big deal?

TOTALLY WRONG!  If you haven't loaded the MASTER.DAT database at CT startup,
it STILL checks your ENTIRE log.  As your log gets bigger, the delay between
keystrokes becomes longer and longer and longer and longer.

Another caveat... it even does a Check Partial everytime you hit a key in any
other field, such as check, section, serial number... ARGH!!!

> I sincerely hope that, if K1EA is going to "fix" this
>it is still going to be available for anyone who thinks
>it is ok.

According to Jim AD1C, there is already a switch that you can run when
aware of the problem and will be fixing it.  (Thank you!!)

Hope that clears this up.

73 - Scott KA9FOX @ aol.com