need TS-440 advice?

Subject: need TS-440 advice?
From: FOXG@WCSUB.CTSTATEU.EDU (FOXG@WCSUB.CTSTATEU.EDU)
Date: Sun Nov 21 22:01:57 1993
I know this is somewhat off the topic, but this group is the most knowledgable
I can find and I do want this for contesting!

I have a TS440 that works perfectly in every way but one.  It will not talk
to the computer interface (IF-232c and other versions I've tried/built).
I've installed the two chips Kenwood calls for but no soap.

Anyone here have a similar problem or know of anyone who's fixed a similar
problem.  All looks 'clean' under the hood.

73, Geoff WA1U
FOXG@WCSUB.CTSTATEU.EDU